It has taken me some time to realize a gift that I have been given. It didn't seem that way at first, to me.
Someone "gave" me friendship a few months ago. Gave me wonderful things, said wonderful things, wrote wonderful things. They seemed wonderful to me, anyway, better than what I thought I had in front of me.
But in reality, I was given a greater gift. That person's inability to be in my life opened up so many better things from the ones who already are. It allowed me to see the things and people I had for what and who they truly are. When one door closes another one opens up, right?
I was given my gift of writing back. And, oh, how I have written. Journaling, poetry. I am never at a loss for something to write when I sit down and put pen to paper, fingers to keyboard.
I was given the chance to talk with my husband about what we truly needed. And we were given the chance to give each other those needs. While our marriage is indeed different, it is now at a different level. Higher, richer, more meaningful, more loving. What marriage should be.
My friendships are stronger, healthier, more real. I know who I can trust, and who I cannot. I know that there is bad in the world, but there is also good. There are those who can love you for who you are, and forgive your faults, and love you more because of them.
There is a part of me that will always be missing because of the door that has closed. A part of me that I will always wonder about. I have the chance to realize things that I need to do, for me, to make me better and happier with who I am and for those I care about. I've made decisions for my future, things that I need to do for me. There are more parts of me, better parts of me, that are eager for the open doors in front of me.
Thank you for the gift of closed and opened doors.
1 comment:
sometimes we are so distraught by the closing of the door we forget to look around and see the other door or window of opportunity open. I am so happy for you making things better in your marriage. I think in all marriages there is room for improvement, and when both people try to improve together, it shows a great deal of commitment. How blessed you are that you are able to work together to reach a higher plane!
Post a Comment