Tuesday, May 4

Cinderella

The days of a stay-at-home mom can tend to get a little hectic, especially as children get older. Driving to and fro, activities, friends, house cleaning, errands... there are days where time just seems to fly by. Weekends aren't immune to it, either.

This past Saturday I took my children to a birthday party for one of their friends. In the middle, I had to leave with the youngest and the oldest to get to the oldest's ballet rehearsal, and then go back and get the middle child from the party, leaving room for cake that the other two missed. Then we had to rush home and await grandma's arrival to watch them while my husband and I went to the Ball.

Yes, the Ball.

Saturday night was the annual fundraising event for the organization that my husband works for. We go every year. We get to dress up in ballgowns and tuxedos, have fancy hors d'ourves, mingle, dance. Pretend that, just for a night, we are high society, with money to spend and philanthropize with.

As I was telling my friends at the birthday party our plans for the evening, my oldest asked me, "Mom, does Daddy get to be your prince?"

We all laughed at her innocence, such a loaded question from the mouth of a 6 year old.

But I got to thinking... what does a prince do? Shower you with love and attention. Make you feel beautiful, desirable, worthy. Sweep you off your feet and whisk you away from all the bad, protect you and give you everything better.

I answered those big blue eyes, "Yes, baby. Daddy gets to be my prince."

1 comment:

Amy said...

That is so sweet. I am glad you have a prince. It is sad that not every man is a prince to his wife. And I am so jealous you got to go to a ball!