Tuesday, February 23

A New Mantra (or two)

I came across this saying the other day, and it spoke a lot to me... loudly. And it turns out that my little sister wrote it.

The days are going to pass.
Don't fear the future.
Stop mourning the past.
Live for every moment, as
The days are going to pass.


My sister is wiser than her years or her life learning make her seem. If only I had listened to her wisdom many, many moons ago, a lot of what has happened, a lot of the pain and hurt and tears, might very well not have happened. Everything happens for a reason... just sometimes I wish those reasons were clearer to me.

My sister-in-law also has a saying that I am going to take as a mantra of my own.

Repeat: Myself... Everyday.

I need to pay a little more attention to that one, too.

No comments: