Wednesday, May 1

I Don't Like Norah Jones

For nine and a half years, my "me" time has been an hour every Tuesday and Thursday night. My husband moves hell and high water to ensure I don't miss my Pilates class. And I rarely do, save for a few too many 9 months breaks!

The instructor plays music. Upbeat, relaxing, mournful. Whatever strikes her to complete the mood of the class.

I hate when she plays Norah Jones. How can that voice be melodious? I know I'm no songbird, but come on. What producer decided that voice was good enough to sell as well as she does?  When I hear the first few notes of her songs, gone is my relaxed vinyasa posture, replaced by tense muscles and jerky movements. Finger nails on a chalkboard. Relaxation NOT at it's finest. I was secretly relieved during last night's class to sneak out a few minutes early, during the fourth song of the evening, to tend to a very sad baby boy.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I used to really like Norah Jones. I have no idea why as now I can't stand her music. It is too moody, and, well...
I love that you get to go to pilates twice a week. I am so jealous! What a wonderful man you have to help you keep that time for yourself. It really does wonders, doesn't it?