Friday, May 31

Destination: Birthday

Tomorrow we're doing something we've never done. We're having a birthday party at a party place. We're paying for a party package.

I've shied away from parties like these, preferring to take care of all the festivities myself. Mostly out of cost savings, but also thinking parties for my girls would be more fun at home. We've had a few at a local park, but all the planning was on me.

This is different. I could get used to this! The crafts, the games, the decoration and the "cake" are all taken care of by the "it" place for kids to go in town... the local "fro-yo" bar. A place I will admit we visit a little too often. 

But, for us, it works.

And it's one of the most relaxing parties that we have had!

1 comment:

Amy said...

So glad it was so relaxing for you! You are braver than me. We have never given our kids a party. Either I am lazy, or a bad mom. Either way I feel guilty. :)
Love that it was such a great experience for you. When we finally give our kids a party, I may have to follow your example.