At my youngest daughter's toddler class this morning I noticed that the knee on the capris I was wearing were starting to look worn. I got disappointed because it's not the first pair I've noticed recently. I've got quite a few pairs of pants that are getting threadbare, and will have to do some shopping, and soon, before the knees wear out.
A few years ago I had a few pairs of holes-in-the-knees jeans that I would wear, and a person I was friends with at the time would make me feel bad about them. Enough so that I got rid of several pairs.
Shame on me.
I realized this morning that those worn knees are badges of motherhood, announcing to the world that I spend a large part of my day on the ground with my children. Playing, tending, cuddling, crawling, hugging.
So I'll rock my worn-kneed jeans and capris. It's a sign that I do my job well.
1 comment:
How sad that someone would be so critical and judgemental of such a wonderful thing. And holes in the knees is totally in style right now (welcome back early 90's?), so you are just going with the styles, right? But of course, you earned those holes, and that makes them the best in the world. Rock them out, my friend and wear them proudly.
Post a Comment