I subscribe to a daily motivational email site. Usually, the thoughts I receive are uplifting, helping to gear me on a positive path for the day.
Today, I couldn't disagree more.
Here was my email for today:
"The more you trust folks, Amy, the less they let you down."
Pardon me as I break for a loud, guffawing laugh, similar to Tom Hank's laugh from "The Money Pit," when his clawfoot tub has just fallen through the bathroom floor (which is a home improvement phenomenon not unfamiliar to those of us living in this old, little yellow house).
I've been given reason by many, including myself, to trust no one. No one has ever lived up to what they've said to me (again, including me). And I've found myself under the wheels of far too many buses from trusting someone I thought I could, or should, only to have my heart broken yet again.
Though I suppose maybe the good that came from today's email is the sarcastic humor that I find in it? After all, I did start the day with a laugh.
1 comment:
At least you found a positive spin to put on it!
I am so sad you have had such bad experiences with people that you do not trust them anymore. I am the exact opposite, which drives my husband crazy. :) I hope one day you will have that faith restored.
Post a Comment