Wednesday, June 8

Never Alone

Moms are never really alone. Especially when the more children you have, the harder it gets to be to find that time! Shower time? Someone always come in. Potty time? Ha! Phone time? Isn't that code for "come talk to mom" or "fight with sister over a Polly Pocket?"

Even when I get to sneak out and actually get my alone time, I'm not alone. For one, there's all the carseats and toys in the car. But here's my example from yesterday...

Tuesday and Thursday nights are my escape for myself. A little me time to tone my body and calm my mind, heal my spirit. A little more than an hour of taking care of me. Bliss.

Yesterday, during a few errands, I filled my water bottle for the car, leaving it there to take with me into my class last night. When I picked up the bottle to head into the building, water sloshed in the almost empty container. Some little body had needed cooling down on our way home from Girl Scouts.

Halfway through class, while lifted in a vinyasa series, my arm brushed my side. It found a sticker. An Easter sticker, no less.

No, mommies are never alone.

My husband reminded me that someday I will be, and that will leave me sadder than an empty water bottle and ill-placed sticker. He knows me too well.

1 comment:

Amy said...

What a cute sweet post! And you are so right. Mothers are never alone. I don't know about you, but when I have me time, I am also thinking about my family. I went to the dentist and during the pain, the thoughts running through my head were about my little ones. Isn't it hard/wonderful being a mother?