A friend of mine signs her emails with a particular tag line... "peace." It's funny, but reading her emails there actually is an air of calmness and peace about them.
So I decided to try an experiment. I wondered if the fact that reading the word "peace" actually felt like it brought some, what would writing it out bring?
I've changed my own email closing line (getting her permission, of course!). I used to sign off my emails with the word "best," for best regards, but it didn't seem quite fitting anymore. I'm still searching for peace, some days more than others. So... "peace" is my new closing.
And you know what? It works.
When I'm working hard against a PTO deadline, it helps calm me down. When I'm sending an email I'd really rather not be spending time on sending, it helps take the sting out of the hurt. When I'm writing with friends, it helps affirm their friendships in my life.
It's true. One word can have a lot of power, meaning, and the ability to change.
No comments:
Post a Comment