Thursday, May 19

Thirty-five for 35

A few of the bloggers that I like to read have posted "Bucket Lists" over the last few months. Most of them are recognizing their 30th birthdays. Recently, my husband and I watched the movie "The Bucket List," and I began thinking of a few things I'd like to mark off my list this year (in no particular order).

I refer to the last few years and the personal Hell that has been gone through as a mid-life crisis, so to speak. Though I hope it's not truly mid-life, because that will mean I won't make it much past the age of 70. And that just seems a little too short.

35 is waiting for me just a few weeks from now...

1. Take up running.
2. Make more time for yoga.
3. Make more picnic lunches for my girls.
4. Find patience. (It is elusive.)
5. Date my husband more. (4 children make baby-sitters expensive)
6. Write more poetry.
7. Eat healthier (see the "Mommy Diet").
8. Forgive. (I say that I have, though there are days that I slide backwards and revoke all forgiveness...)
9. Forget. (Though I don't know if that is ever entirely possible.)
10. Hike.
11. Take family bike rides at the park.
12. Remove toxic people. (This has already started, long before I recognized the need to remove them from my life.)
13. Go to sleep earlier.
14. Wake up earlier.
15. Read more books.
16. Drink less caffeine.
17. Say "yes" less often.
18. Stand up for myself.
19. Watch less TV.
20. Clean out paper files in my attic.
21. Put together photo albums for the girls of their baby pictures.
22. Yell less.
23. Be grateful.
24. Reinstate my house cleaning schedule. (It went by the wayside 2 babies ago.)
25. Start up Family Game Night.
26. Read more with my children.
27. Pray. More.
28. Drink more water.
29. Complain less.
30. Tell those whom I appreciate that I really do appreciate them.
31. Use less technology.
32. Use more coupons.
33. Take a family trip.
34. Practice grace.
35. Be grateful. (For so much, to so many, even to those whom you would not expect.)

6 comments:

Amy said...

What a wonderful bucket list! You have gone through a lot. I hope this bucket list is cleansing and helps you on your road of forgetting. I especially love the Family Game Night idea. What a great way to play with your family!

Anonymous said...

as to #12 I don't believe ours has been a toxic relationship for one second, yet I know circumstances has removed us from yours. What we had in common, we no longer have. What brought us close has not been called on for some time.
Please know this; I think of you no less, I care about you no less, I worry about you not so much anymore.
Valorie

Anonymous said...

oh... and therefore I read your blog with less frequency... Still I do love they way you write.

Anonymous said...

to Anoymous... WHY?!?!

Anonymous said...

For the same reasons you do, Anonymous #2... because she writes openly and honestly from her heart.

Anonymous said...

When trust is removed from a friendship, the friendship is hard pressed to survive.