Friday, May 6

Mother's Day

Mother's Day is this weekend. What plans do you have in store? What does your family have in store for you? We have a party to celebrate one of those motherhood reasons. But the day itself, not sure what to do yet. Perhaps we'll just see where it takes us.

I received a card today in the mail from an old friend. For a moment I was afraid to open it, worried of what I might find in it. I should have known better that I didn't need to worry it all. There was only a name signed in it.

Mothering is a tricky, hard road. Tiring. I am always second guessing if I did the right thing, said the right thing, acted the right way. I am learning not to gleam too much from the mothering figures I keep or have kept around me, for fear of being led awry.

A few weekends ago we stayed in, all day. It was a rainy, dreary day, good for a comfort food dinner and a fire. I like those kinds of days, where we lock the front gate and the front door, and close off the outside world and keep to ourselves, safe in our little nest without worry of what or who. My brother calls it "circling the wagons."

Maybe that's what we'll do. Circle.

No comments: