Tuesday, May 10

The Mommy Diet

Last weekend we were celebrating a friend's daughter's birthday at a local park. Standing in a circle talking with my friends, one daughter ran up to me and handed me her licked, half eaten cupcake. Another friend's son did the same to her. What did we do? We ate the cupcakes.

A third friend stood looking at us and gagged.

Since then I've paid a lot of attention to what I have been eating, and I realized, I don't eat very much, and really, not very healthily. I never make myself lunch, rather I peruse the leftovers on my children's plates, and pick from there. Snacks are pretty much the same. Rarely do I have the opportunity to sit an eat a proper breakfast, opting for coffee in my mommy travel mug and a cereal bar stashed in the diaper bag for stoplight consumption.

I don't recall seeing my own mother eating very much, especially when I was younger, though I would occasionally see her eating lunch (some "weird" concoction of leftover items) when I was a high school student.

And I learned this morning that my stoplight granola bars aren't limited just to me. Lots of other moms are doing it. Must be a good thing, this mommy diet.

No comments: