Roller coasters are entirely different when your baby girl is sitting in the seat next to you.
That thought didn't hit me until we were seated in the car, getting ready to ride the fast and long wooden roller coaster.
On our walk over to the ride, I held her hand. We talked and were silly, excited that it was just the two of us. There was no wait for the ride. She was excited. So was I.
Settled in our seats I turned to look at her. The ride started moving. And then, the thrill was gone, replaced with concern for my baby. Would she get hurt? Be too scared? My gaze was intent not on the twists and turns, but her beautiful face.
She was quiet for the ride. Not a single scream from her. Her face was tightly clenched as I tried to alert her of each dip, turn and hill. At the end of the ride was a booth of photos taken during the ride. We laughed at the face of the man in front of us.
"Mommy," she said as the ride slowed down, "I do not want to do that ride again."
It was too much for my dare devil little girl. And, I have to say, it might have just ended up being too much for me.
1 comment:
This is beautiful. I can see myself in the same position. I think that is the blessing of being called Mother. The concern for them trumps all else.
Post a Comment