Thursday, January 24

Why We Walked Away



Gossip. Mistrust.

It's no secret that we walked away from a few friendships in recent years. It's not due to who some of those friendships decided to keep or not keep in their lives. People are free to choose who they want in their world, whether or not we agree. People who had no need to speak of our little world knew details only a few people knew. Interesting. I remember sitting on a friend's sofa, having confided in her a great deal of pain, and listening to her tell me things she really probably shouldn't have been telling me. It really didn't dawn on me until a few months later, when I was feeling better, clearer, the weight of that conversation. My husband, in turn, had similar experiences.

It's due to a simple lack of trust. And this quote sums it up perfectly.




1 comment:

Amy said...

Gossip is a sad sad thing. I wish you hadn't lost friends from it, but it is a good thing you know who your true friends are now. That quote is very wise.