Thursday, May 17

So Long, Brain Cells!

Today, I have the good fortune of joining my husband on a business trip. We're lucky to each have moms who will drop anything to watch our girls so we can have this time together.

This morning I woke and helped him get ready for his day of meetings. He is still there, two hours past the schedule, which I think is really good! I'm passing the time reading, napping, enjoying the quiet here at a small resort in New Hampshire.

I joined him for a quick breakfast this morning before he headed off. With a tummy full of French Toast (a breakfast favorite of mine), I returned to our hotel room after he headed off. Too full to return to sleep, I turned on the television.

And I lost brain cells that I won't ever get back. I tried for over 30 minutes to find something to watch, but as I took in some segment of Kelly Ripa and whomever, I was reminded of why I don't watch morning TV at home. I couldn't care less about the latest couple cut from Dancing with the Stars.

The television went off, and I picked up my book, a NY Times Best Seller a few months off the list. Then I indulged in a nap. Hopefully the quiet will help restore not only me, but those brain cells as well.

1 comment:

Amy said...

How fun for you! A quiet getaway is always wonderful, especially if you are with your sweetie pie. And I agree, television, especially morning time, TV is horrific.