As usual, Mother's Day weekend was a whirlwind for us. Ballet recitals took precedence for not only the weekend, but the week. We are worn out, exhausted, with a house that is messy beyond any reason for it!
I was just lamenting with a fellow ballet recital mom at preschool pickup about how much recovery we have to do from this weekend. On the way home from school, this author and video popped into my head:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olSyCLJU3O0
I had the opportunity a few years ago to meet the author, listen to a reading. It will remain one of my favorite memories, and one of my favorite books.
I just rewatched the video.
Suddenly, I seem a little less worried about the mess and piles of laundry. We'll get it done.
Lunch is finishing, and naptime is soon. I need to get a few snuggles in before we sleep.
1 comment:
I cried when I watched that video. My children were in the kitchen finishing up their lunches. We all had a late night last night and I was laying on the couch wishing for nap time to come quickly when I started it. When I finished it I am wanting my children to hurry and finish eating so I can hug them tight and cherish them just a little bit more. So so powerful! Thank you for sharing this with me.
Post a Comment