Wednesday, April 14

PTO Dad

Yesterday was the usual monthly PTO meeting at school. My littlest and I went, juice in hand, though we actually arrived on time for once. (!) My husband was home and offered to take kid #2 to school, which I jumped at the chance for. I mentioned to him about the meeting, but he declined the invitation, as he was worried he'd be late for the appointment that he took the day off work for.

So imagine my surprise when at 9:15 he walked into the meeting! And my pride. And my happiness. Such a simple gesture on his part made a very large statement to me how he recognizes the things that are important to me. How he encourages me to enjoy them, and how he wants to help me in them, as well. (After all, we have shared many a romantic evening counting and sorting those aforementioned box-tops and labels!)

Other PTO moms made obvious smiles of approval towards him and me, noticing the effort he made on my behalf as well. He wasn't able to stay for the whole meeting, but he was there. And that's all that matters.

No comments: