At the start of the weekend, I took two of my girls to an 80s-themed mother-daughter dance. We dressed up in 80s-ish attire, colored our hair and set out to party.
I was nervous about the night, because we don't have the best track record at these sort of things. But my girls surprised me.
We saw a few friends, but mostly hung out with each other. My eight year old surprised me, dancing and letting lose in a way I haven't really seen her. She's goofy in private at home, but not so much in public.
She danced. Wonderfully, crazy, danced. I took videos as proof. And blackmail.
But I also took a cue. I danced like she was, like I was 8. I let it all out and let it go (yeah, they sang that, too...). And we didn't stop. And it was wonderful.
No comments:
Post a Comment