Friday, September 6

No Dogs

I don't like dogs.

Not even little ones.

I think it has something to do with my uncle's dog and a bad experience from over three decades ago. I'll tolerate dogs, but won't go looking for them.

Unfortunately for me, the street on which I run is rampant with them. This morning I came upon another neighbor who now has two little dogs to yip at my heels as I run past. Last week I had a dog at the opposite end of the road come barking down the hill toward me as I pushed my stroller with 60+ pounds of toddler in them past his house. One of those dogs that give all dogs a bad name. His owner did little to curb him until not only I but my babies in the stroller screamed.

I'm bordering on being afraid to run on my own road.

I don't like dogs.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I love dogs in an I don't care if they are there or not but will gush over someone's dog if it is there kind of way. But since having a paper route as a kid and knowing first hand what you are talking about, I feel your pain. I'm sad for you yo have run a gauntlet of fear facing every time you go out. So not fun for you.