Monday, June 18

Not a Minivan Mama

My husband said it best yesterday, I guess. "You're not a minivan mama. You never have been." He and our three oldest girls had just finished washing our truck.

A few months ago, we were driving with our family, plus the one extra friend, and noticed a pile of smooshed together girls in the farthest back seat of our van. This simply would not do. So off we went the following week, to explore even larger vehicle options for a family of seven.

Seven!

And we found a big, beautiful, black truck. With seating for eight. So we'll always have room for Gramma. And while I miss the push button sliding doors which made it easy for kids to get in and out, my husband is right. I just ain't a minivan mama. (And the girls have only fallen out of the truck a scant three times...)

All that's missing is the license plate frame that says, "Silly boys, trucks are for girls."

*** Oh! And for the nice person from the past who inquired last week about the fate of our previous van via a note on my truck windshield: Thank you for your continued concern about my family, but all is well with our old minivan. It's safely living with a friend now. ***

1 comment:

SnowCat said...

I will have to come over and see the monster. I have a guess on what it could be. (since we were shopping in the large seating vehicle market last year.)