Tuesday, February 22

Parking Lot

I pulled into the parking lot of the "major" shopping center in town yesterday to get a few things taken care of. Upon pulling into the lot, I did my cursory sweep looking for cars, saw "it," promptly drove back out of the lot, and drove home.

When I got home, I got mad at myself. I had let them win... again. Countless times I have gone somewhere in this little town, only to change my plans when realizing that I could see someone, not wanting to see someone. I am so freaking tired of changing my plans to accommodate other people, worrying how they would react, how it would effect their day, and what the fallout would be for me.

What about me?

I'm not leaving the parking lot again.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Yay! Good for you for making that decision. I empower you to take the bull by its horns and beat this. You can do it. I am so sorry that this is still in your face. It isn't fair. But you are doing wonderfully with trying to overcome it, and I know that as you continue, you will succeed.