Wednesday, March 24

Just Another Day at the Park

Today after school, which was a shortened day anyway, due to parent-teacher conferences, my kids and I had a slew of little piddly errands to run: bank, church, Girl Scout cookie delivery, town-sponsored Easter contest submission forms, turning in said Girl Scout cookie monies). The last errand ended us at the new park in town. So being the good mom that I try to be and think I might achieve every now and then, we got out of the new car to play.

And the kids had a blast, despite the intense wind we are having today. The weather is beautiful and sunny, perfect for the park. There were friends there that we haven't seen in weeks...months! It was a nice end to our errands.

Until, of course, the littlest started getting tired. And the oldest got blisters on her hands from the monkeybars. And the middle one bonked her head on a mountain climbing wall. And then the oldest fell and hit her head. Sounds like it's time to leave.

Sounds... yeah... let's call them "sounds." The whiny, screechy cry of a kid hurt from the playground, from whatever wrong wronged them at that time. I corralled my children into a group and herded them to the car, sounds emitting from each of them.

Yeah... just another day at the park.

No comments: